Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Hiatus Is on Hiatus

So I haven't posted in a while, partly because I'm lazy and partly because I've been in an apathetic malaise since everyone left for college while I'm stuck in Westchester til October. But nevermind all that, it's time for another post!

Before I do anything original I need a warmup so I'll do a similar post to Dan's and compare my daily routine as of last friday.

7:45 - my mom wakes me
7:47 - I convince myself I can rest 5 more minutes
7:50 - my dad comes in to make sure I'm up. I'm not
7:51 - my dad wakes me again
7:52 - I convince myself I can rest 5 more minutes
8:05 - I wonder what I have to do today. Probably nothing
8:15 - I wake up in a panic realizing that just like every other weekday, I have work
8:16 - I convince myself I can rest 5 more minutes
8:20 - I wake up and realize that I should already be out of the shower
8:24 - I get out of my painfully short shower and get dressed
8:30 - I grab a handful of almonds and some gum and pretend it's a decent breakfast
8:36 - I get into my car and realize that I forgot to charge my radio hookup for my iPod. No music today...
8:37 - my car still says "coolant low, stop engine" but it's been like that for a few months and nothing bad's happened yet so whatever
8:42 - Making great time today
8:43 - "Are you serious? Are you really doing this? I HAVE TO GET TO WORK GET OUT OF WAY YOU STUPID GARBAGE TRUCK"
8:45 - I get fed up waiting for this stupid garbage truck and go in the oncoming traffic lane to pass it. don't tell me you wouldn't do the same...
8:53 - "Are you serious? You're making a left on post road? Really? REALLY?"
8:58 - The guy in front of me finishes making his left turn
9:00 - I get to work
9:04 - I realize that like the past week, my boss will be out again. Having a baby takes priority, apparently
9:06 - Since he didn't leave me any work and isn't checking his email, I have nothing to do today
9:08 - YES, I have nothing to do today
9:09 - Shit, I have to sit in front of this computer for 8 hours and pretend to do something
9:15 - My icon arrangement is perfect
9:20 - My email settings are perfect
10:00 - I just built a tower out of sticky notes!
10:15 - I just shelled and ate 27 peanuts
10:40 - I just shelled and ate another 24 peanuts, this is disgusting
11:15 - I could go to lunch now, but then I'll have 6 hours with no break
11:16 - More peanuts
11:25 - Great, my other boss (who doesn't have any work for me), just caught me texting on my blackberry.
11:28 - Well he didn't say anything about it, so maybe he thought I was doing something work related. victory
11:25 - OK he just walked in again and I was texting again, he definitely knows I'm not working
12:00 - LUNCH!!!
12:05 - Should I get gross Chinese food, gross Caribbean food, or Subway?
12:10 - I've tried literally every subway sandwich combination they offer. I don't know if this is impressive or pathetic
12:30 - Yay, back in the office!
12:32 - I have 5 hours left and I still have no work to do
12:34 - I'm checking where Dan is using Google latitudes
12:35 - Dan why are you always in your dorm? go to class
12:45 - Do you think anyone would notice if I just left?
12:47 - Would I have anything to do if I just left?
5:30 - Freedom!
5:38 - "Are you serious? Get out of the road! There are 5 police cars and a firetruck parked in the middle of post road just to get a cat out of a tree? Really, Larchmont PD? Really?"
6:00 - I'm home and there are so many..things...to.....do....not really
6:30 - well dinner took up some time
6:32 - I check collegehumor and cracked and read my daily webcomics
6:53 - I go on aim
6:55 - Oh he's on....
6:56 - I sign off aim
7:00 - I could poop, that'll be mildly entertaining and waste some time
7:05 - OK now what...
11:00 - Honestly, I have no idea what I've done for the past 4 hours
11:03 - I get a snack and talk to my parents
11:45 - I could go to sleep, OR I could waste 2 more hours on the internet
1:45 - I look at the time and dramatically groan
1:46 - 2 more weeks...zzz

Hmm...that was sort of depressing
O well, I'm finished with work and now I get to pack and shop and do other cool stuff related to college so that'll be nice

Expect more posts, because I have a ton of time to kill now

1 comment:

  1. that was a good summary of my job too, except instead of driving to work, it was taking the subway.

    ReplyDelete