Saturday, November 14, 2009

I Think I'm Dumb (Maybe Just Happy)

So I don't know how to plan well, apparently. Here's how it started:
So my friend really wanted to see that shitty apocalypse movie, 2012. I agreed to go with him. We took a bus downtown to the nearest theater that was showing it. It was just as shitty as I had expected, but that's not the point. The point is that I was in charge of planning (he's from China and doesn't know how to navigate the city very well) and I didn't plan on the movie getting out so late.

Mistake 1: The movie got out at 1:20AM, and I didn't bother checking the bus schedule. If I had, I would've realized that there were no more buses after about midnight.
Mistake 2: We could've taken a taxi, but neither one of us wanted to spend the money. So we decided to walk.
Mistake 3: I pulled out my GPS and found out that it was an hour and a half walk. Instead of trusting the GPS's estimate of how fast we could walk, I decided that we could could make it in half the time.

Conclusion: 2 hours later, we finally got back and now I'm writing this. I'm truly tired and exhausted and now I have absolutely no confidence in my decision making. Also, 2012 sucked.

4 comments:

  1. hahahahahaha you walk slower than the average person. so youre fat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Klosbo! Take a cab, your mom will pay you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait i dont understand why you would be happy about this jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wrote "i think i'm dumb" as the title and it reminded me of the nirvana song
    and it was a generally happy experience
    don't question me again

    ReplyDelete